[RECIPE] Pork Sisig – One of Filipino’s Favorite
This recipe is surely a hit with the family and friends and you should try this at home:
½ kilo pork cheeks
100 g chicken liver
1 piece large red onion chopped
1 to 2 pieces red chili sliced
Salt and pepper
*1 Tofu sliced into small cubes (optional)
1. Simmer the pork cheeks with salt and MSG until tender. Drain.
2. Fry the drained pork cheeks until crispy and golden brown, let it cool and then coarsely chop.
3. Coat the chicken liver with salt, pepper and MSG before grilling for 3 to 4 minutes. Let it cool and then coarsely chop too.
4. Combine all the coarsely chopped ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add the chopped onions, red chili and tofu (if desired).
5. Gradually add the mayonnaise, just enough to coat everything with it. Too much mayonnaise can make it taste like satiating.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve in a sizzling plate topped with a bit cooked sunny-side-up egg.
8. Squeeze a calamansi on top as desired.
Note : For others who aren’t pork lovers, you may substitute pork with chicken or fish meat and the taste would still be the same Sisig that everyone loves.